Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Miss Muffin is a Baker!

She mixes...
She stirs...

She frosts...

She sprinkles....

She bakes a cake!


While I was growing up, both my parents worked. For one reason or another, my dad was the cook. He even did the grocery shopping! He would often buy a cake mix and some frosting and when he would unload the groceries, he would call me into the kitchen (if I wasn't already there) and he would hold up the box of cake mix and frosting to let me know we had some so I could bake a cake within the next couple of days. My dad was the cook and I was the baker. (Must be the reason for his nickname for me... Cupcake!)
Anyway, for family home evening yesterday it was Breeley's turn to do the treat. She had spent most of the day playing at her friend Madi's house so we didn't have a lot of time to make something extravigent (or the desire) so she picked out the box of cake mix... confetti with vanilla frosting AND she emptied three bottles of sprinkles for the decoration! It was yummy and she has now earned her nickname of Miss Muffin! (Silly nicknames must run in the family!)

4 comments:

Julianne said...

I love the top picture...she is pretty stinkin' cute!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your family is darling and your etsy shop bags! I'm drooling. Might have to order one for a diaper bag.

Ali Miller said...

HOW FUN - Those are the best moments when nick names are created. I have a cake recipe that is done in a mug with the microwave that I let my kids do all the time. It's easy and really tastes good. I'll pass it on.

The Simonson Family said...

She is so cute! Gotta love the sprinkles! It's the funnest part of making the cake! Speaking of FHE we have kind of fallen off the band wagon on that once a month thing...haven't we?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...