Thursday, January 15, 2009

Science Fair Schmience Shmair!

Who in their right mind thinks it is ok to REQUIRE students to enter the science fair? Every year since Abell was in fourth grade his teacher has required him to enter the science fair. And this year Hagen is now in fourth grade, and HIS teacher required it also! So two boys REQUIRED to enter a science fair and a mom who thinks it is the dumbest thing ever, equals three days of mac and cheese for dinner!

I even went as far as to tell the boys "Lets just not do it, and when you get a 0 or 1 in science, we will all know it's because of the science fair and no one will be harmed! We will still go out and celebrate your good grades, because this term, SCIENCE DOESN'T COUNT!" Both Abell and Hagen are too afraid of disapointing their teachers and also didn't want to be the only one to NOT do a project so they insisted they do one, even though they had no interest in completing it.

Sure everyone says "Google it, there are hundreds of ideas online." Yes, that is true, but you have to buy the idea! Duh! I don't want to buy an idea for something I don't want to do. Of course, I had grand plans of doing the projects last November when we were off track all month, but since I didn't want to do it in the first place, I dragged my feet and before I knew it Thanksgiving was here. Then we had basketball four nights a week all of December, so I thought we could do it the week after Christmas, but whatever, still not interested so back to the backburner it went.



So finally on Monday we had no choice but to do it. It's due on Thursday morning so it's now or never and never isn't an option. This is what my front room has looked like all week...

These are the finished projects...



Then to top it all off, Addison came home from school with this on Monday...Due next Monday!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do we go off track again?????

1 comment:

The Simonson Family said...

OMG Deanna, I am going to be hating it when that time comes for me. I don't think I did one Science Fair project when I was in school! I really don't want to start doing them now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...