Monday, September 15, 2008

Treasure Box Boutique

Can you tell what I have been busy doing??

I have been busy making purses, handbags, totes, church bags, school bags, or just bags! My cousin Laci and her friend run a boutique in Roy called The Treasure Box Boutique twice a year. After having me make a tutu for her daughter (Cutest Brinlee ever!) she told me about her boutique and encouraged me to put some of my tutu's in it.
Well, I have never ever done anything like that before and I really don't even know what made me start selling them, but I thought it COULD be a fun experience. I really have fun making the handbags, so I thought I would make some and put them in "my space" as well.
I am really excited to see how it goes and I keep trying to decide which of the bags I hope doesn't sell (If any of them even sell) so I can use it when Adam and I go to Cabo in two weeks.
I am going to put pictures of the bags in my etsy store and make them as they sell. That is how a number of the etsy stores do their bags and when I first thought about it, I thought it was really dumb but now that I have pre-made so many, I understand that it is necessary so you are only spending your time making things that people want to buy and really like.
I have also changed my tutu's a bit. I hope it makes them easier for the little girls to wear and hopefully they won't get lost in all the tulle! I have bought some really darling ribbon that I am hoping I can add to the tulle to make it extra special.
Anyway, if you are in the area and want to see some way darling tutu's and handbags and other cute things... you should stop by the boutique.
It is at 5426 S. 3500 W. (Across the street from Kents) and it will be open September 26th and 27th. Friday 1 pm until 7 pm and Saturday 10 am until 4 pm.
What am I thinking... I can't believe I am doing this... Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone!

3 comments:

Ali Miller said...

YOU GO GIRL!!

Amy Spalding said...

Way cute bags Deanna!!! I am very impressed! I hope they do well for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are putting those cute bags in. I love them. And I am glad you put it on your blog so everyone you know can come!! your stuff is way cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...