Monday, December 8, 2008

Special Day Today!

Today is our anniversary! December 8th 1995 Adam and I were married in the Logan Temple for time and all eternity! It was the best decision both of us ever made. Not only do we have a fabulous life together, have four wonderful kids, but we get to wake up to each other every single day! I love Adam so much and am so greatful that he didn't think he was too good to date a young girl still in high school when he got home from his mission.

I met Adam the day after he returned home from his mission. He came home on Christmas eve, and on Chistmas day he went over to the Chandler's house to visit. I just happened to be at the Chandler's house hanging out with my friends. We had the long Christmas break off from school, and he didn't have a job yet so "conditions were perfect" for us to have plenty of time to get to know each other.

When he asked me out on our first date, he asked me about two weeks in advance. My friends had told him I was pretty busy so I would need to schedule it. I became a really popular topic of conversation at school when word got out that I was dating an "RM". Not in a million years did I ever think I would get married right out of high school. I had two scholarships to Dixie College and had definite plans of attending! But I have a feeling that Heavenly Father knew the choices that I probably would have made down in Dixie and he thought I better stay clear of there. Adam and I started talking about getting married early on in the dating process, but I refused to have a ring in high school. So he waited to propose until after I had graduated. We waited until December to get married since he was attending Weber and didn't want to miss a weeks worth of classes. So we were married the day after he took his last final.

Thirteen years later, we just spent 11 days together in Cabo and we still like each other a lot!

1 comment:

Amy Spalding said...

I remember attending your wedding! It was a beautiful day...and a week later we followed :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...