Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Us. World Market


Being an Interior Design student has a few perks. :)
We have awesome professors that were able to get us students into the Semi-Annual World Market. It takes place in Las Vegas. World Market is where all the companies that sell anything related to interiors get together and display their new merchandise. It gives interior designers a chance to see what is new and also to shop for things they need for clients. You have to have special passes to get in the doors. They even scan your pass as you enter each "Store". We were the only students in there. It was really fun to walk around and see all the many different companies merchandise.
After a while, I got brave enough to take a few pics of the things I liked with my phone. I was really nervous to do it. Some of the companies didn't have a problem having students there. Some were pretty rude and didn't want to give us any of their attention. Which is no problem. We will be shopping there as designers soon enough and will remember who was good to students and who wasn't. I wonder where we will likely shop??  :)
I thought I would post some of the pics I liked the most!

I really liked the texture on this bench. I love the exposed edges.

kinda crazy, but could be really fun in a little girls room!

A roll of fencing. Clever.

I could have two of everything in this store!!!

Something like this would be cute for Fresh Fabric. Its just a print on canvas.

Cute Pattern!

Pretty fun way to decorate! They also used egg crates and brown sack lunch bags. I really liked this shop.

The carpet I WILL BUY! It is me in every way.

I am a pretty picky lamp person. But I liked these ones.

and this one!!

Fun chair covers!


I really don't like being in Vegas. I actually hate being there. But the time I spent at World Market was pretty fun and made me excited to graduate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...