Saturday, April 11, 2009

Enjoying Ourselves Completely!


So we decided a couple weeks ago to go to Zion's for Easter weekend. It is a big trip that was planned very quickly. Our friends told us about a campground that was really nice so we gave them a call and they said there was one space left, and we took it. I will be honest. I wasn't really sure I was ready to go on another trip so soon after Disneyland, but the kids were really excited so I just kept going along with it and before I knew it... we were here.
I actually didn't even start packing for it until Wednesday afternoon, and we left Thursday morning. I had to give the trailer a quick look over to see what we had removed over the winter. (I missed restocking a few items.) But for the most part, we have every thing we need.
Zions has been amazing. Yesterday we hiked the Emerald Pools. Top, middle and bottom. We did the whole circle. We ate lunch at the top pools and it was amazing. The waterfall kept misting us as we ate. It felt great! I was so proud if Addison and Breeley. They hiked the whole time with out complaining!
When we hit the first switchback Addison sat on a rock and said "Oh I need to rest, my feet are killing me." Adam and I looked at eachother and thought "this is going to be a long hike!" Addison stood up started hiking and didn't say another word about his feet.
Today Adam, Hagen, and Abell went to Zion's to hike Angel's Landing. It looked too intense for Addison and especially Breeley so I stayed back at the trailer with them. I am jealous that I didn't get to go on the hike, but I have had a blast with Addi and Bree. We did an Easter craft, went on an Easter egg hunt (both put on by the resort), played Skip Bo, Ping Pong, played on the big wooden swing set, watched part of a movie, and we still have about 3 hours before the boys get back. I am so excited to hear about the hike!
This really has been an amazing weekend!
Unfortunately, Addison and Breeley are begging to get into the pool as I type this. I don't think I can hold them back much longer. It is just a bit too cold for me to get in. But if I don't get in... they can't either! I may end up swimming the afternoon away.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

It was fun to see you guys at Zions. It sounds like you had a blast! Now back to cold wet weather...Yuck!

Jen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, good thing you can just haul your hotel down there with you - smart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...