Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How do I say this???

I haven't posted on my blog for a bit. I have had something that I need to share with everyone, and I really haven't had an idea of how to say it. There are so many other things that occupy my days that it become's very easy to put it off and think I will figure it out tomorrow. The last few nights I have actually laid in bed for hours thinking about it and trying to figure out a way to say it delicately, but there really isn't a delicate way to say it. So, I decided that I need to just get it out there for my friends and family to know. No more avoiding the obvious. I just need to say it! So here it is...

My camera is broke. The flash refuses to work. I have tried everything. I have googled until my eyes are blurry and my head aches. There are no solutions that cost less than one hundred dollars. I have no Halloween pictures; I have no pictures of my kids carving pumpkins. I can't take a picture of my shiny kitchen floor to show you that I mopped today. No camera to take a picture of the granola I made today. No pictures of my kids all sprawled out around the house looking at their scrapbooks on a rainy day. It is killing me! There has been so many fun and cute happenings taking place and no camera to capture the moments. My heart is broken!

I told Adam about the camera, and he pretty much just shrugged his shoulders to the effect of... really Deanna??? (I am sure he thought I was wrong and just needed to charge the battery!) He didn't even act like he cared until he came into our room one night and I was online researching what camera I wanted to buy to replace it. Then of course he saw the price of the replacement camera and wouldn't you know it, within minutes he was sitting next to me on the bed... camera in one hand, owners manual in the other. Charging one battery, and inserting the spare fully charged battery hoping he was right and I was wrong. After the owner’s manual offered no help, he gently took my laptop off my lap, placed it on his and did some major googling. There were a few hints of hope that came up, but in the end, none of them worked.

So now my dear friends, I get to buy a new camera. I am most excited about this! It is going to be wonderful! So many new pixels to play with. So many closer zooms before getting blurry! I can hardly stand it! The excitement is getting overwhelming! Now, I just need to decide... Which kid is going to sacrifice his or her Christmas, so mom can take pictures of their siblings on Christmas morning? (This is where I would insert a picture of my broken camera!)

4 comments:

Amy Spalding said...

I can relate to the dread that I may not be able to take photos anymore! My boys love to take the video card out of my camera and put in in the Wii so they can watch their Nacho Libre wrestling matches forward AND backward...it is pretty hilarious, but, they have nearly busted my camera several times, so I had to make them swear they will not use the camera without adult supervision!!! I am excited for you to get a new camera, but not for the $$$ you'll have to spend :(

Chapman Herd said...

Yeah for a new camera!!! That Daughter of yours it too cute not to snap pictures of her! (your boys too but, I don't know them as well as I know Breeley!) Have fun with your new toy!

Jen said...

Isn't it awful!!! Now you know how terrible I felt when mine broke before our family vacation and I didn't know till we were too far away from any place that would have a decent camera to replace it!

Julianne said...

Hello...what are good neighbors for. You could have come to borrow mine to shoot a few shots of your kids till you get your new one. Anyway, let me know if you need my costco card. They have pretty good deals on their cameras.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...