Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adam's Birthday!!


Sunday was Adam's birthday!
He is now 35 and teetering on the downslope towards the big 40! It is crazy weird that he is that old. I mean by 35, you should be set in your life, have your parenting skills down to perfect, have your saturday chores down to a science, have your house in perfect condition, have a set weekend every 6 months that you clean out your garage, totally KNOW EVERYTHING your wife is thinking about since you have been married FOREVER!!! Seriously, what is wrong with us because we are none of those things. I MEAN what is wrong with HIM because he is NONE of those things! But there are a few things that he has perfected by this age... let me think about it... still trying.... trying harder now..... ok, so there are a few things that I love about Adam even though he hasn't perfected anything yet. I will list the top three...

1. He is fun to be with. I love to be with him. I spent 11 whole days with him when we went to Cabo and I totally wanted more days. At about day 9 I asked him if he needed a break from me (I could kindly go on the other side of the pool) and he kindly told me no. We really really like being together. It makes it kind of hard for us to get things accomplished because when we are together, we just want to be with each other.

2. He has the best memory ever. He can repeat so many SNL skits after seeing them just once. I love it when we start talking about SNL, because he remembers which skits are my favorite and he repeats them for me and it is HILARIOUS!

3. He lets me sing and doesn't judge or correct me. He has been the ward choir director for forever and someone just asked me on Sunday if I was going to sing with the choir for Christmas and I replied... "Funny thing, Adam has never asked me to participate in the choir." I mean we have the most pathetic choir attendance, and yet he doesn't ask me to join... HUMMM something to think about. What a nice guy, I bet his ears are throbbing when I sing, he never says anything to get me to stop.

4. He cleans (sometimes) Okay so my favorite thing about Adam is when he gets home from work. When he walks in the door and the house is messy he automatically starts picking things up and putting them away. He just knows what kind of day I have had with the kids if the house is bad, so he just starts cleaning to help make me happy.

5. He always says to all of us (and the people at his work) "What can I do to make you happy?" He says it to the kids all the time and he is always doing something to make someone else happy.
I know I am totally rambling on and on, and none of it probably makes any sense, and I listed more than three things, but Adam is the coolest guy ever and I am so lucky he comes home to me every night!
***P.S., who else has a husband that lets her go away about five times a year to play with her friends!!!*** Good thing I made him a wicked awesome cake for his birthday!

5 comments:

Ali Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali Miller said...

Opps - didn't mean to delete my comment - this is what I said...
WOW - good thing perfection isn't suppose to 'be' until the next life. And you do know Edward IS fictitious, right? Love you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!

Chadli Bodily said...

yeooww... does he still talk to you after this post?
...I can't believe Adam is 35! How fun!! I loved Adam when we were growing up, he is definately one of the funnest, funniest and a favorite cousin to be around, in that respect Adam , you are PeRfEcT!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM! You are awesome!

Amy Spalding said...

Cute post! Hope you had a happy day, Adam!

The Simonson Family said...

Happy LATE b-day Adam! He doesn't read these...does he?! Adam is a great guy and you are very lucky! I remember the time I came over to your house, and it was around Christmas time, and he had Christmas music on and was making breakfast for dinner and all of your kids were entertaining themselves.(does that ever happen for us?!) I thought to myself, Deanna is a lucky girl, and I'm a lucky girl for having a big brother like that! Happy B-day Adam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...