Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hey, I have an idea!!!


Today when it was about time to pick up Breeley from preschool, I had a bright idea! I said to Abell, (who was the only one home with me) "Hey, lets ride bikes to pick up Bree from school!" Abell said, "Are you serious?" I replied "Yes, lets go, we have to hurry!" So we jumped up threw our shoes on, grabbed a jacket and a toy, treat, and drink for Bree and we were off.


I realized at the end of our street that I had forgotten my phone, so Abell booked it back to the house to grab it (wasting very precious time). As soon as he returned to me at the top of the street we were really off and peddling as fast as we could. It turns out we left our neigborhood about six minutes before school was "out" (3 pm). I knew we HAD to have her picked up 3:15 so we just peddled and peddled and peddled.


We did stop and try a mayday call to my friend Julianne to tell her we weren't going to get there in time and maybe she could drive and pick up Breeley so the teachers didn't have to stay and wait for us, but when we called there was no answer (Hello, wasting more precious time). So we realized we really needed to hurry now.


Well, long story short we finally made it! Abell and I both were so greatful to see the little boy sign that hangs in front of the preschool, knowing we had actually made it. I like to think we were were there by 3:17, but I am sure we were later than that. There was one other mom that arrived at the same time we did, so we weren't the only late ones... so that made me feel a little better.


Our ride home was much more fun! We peddled as fast... or slow as we wanted. It was fun to ride with Abell, and I was so proud of him for riding so fast. (I wasn't sure he was going to be able to make it when we first started) Breeley enjoyed riding past the llama's and the horses and she actually fell asleep about 2 minutes from our house.


All in all we rode about 22 blocks! I am going to clock it when we drop her off on Thursday. But I am guessing it is about 4 miles each way. Addison and Hagen want to ride bikes to her school next time. If that is the case, we will DEFINITELY leave our house by 2 pm, so we are DEFINITELY at the preschool by 3 pm!

2 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

What a good idea to ride your bike! I live around the corner and would never think to ride my bike (heaven forbid I exercise) Way to go!

Julianne said...

So sorry I didn't hear my phone:( I'm glad all turned out well. I will for sure have my phone on and next to me next week when you take all the kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...