Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On a brighter note...

I found this website a few months ago http://www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com/.
I fell in love the first time I browsed through the few plans she had posted. Since then, she has gone crazy creating plans for beautiful furniture. Mostly recreating furniture from Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Restoration Hardware. I love all of it!
I have wanted a bench for my front porch for a very long time. Every time I have found one I kinda liked, it was either too short, too long, wrong color, or too expensive.
I found plans for the exact bench I had wanted on her blog, so I made it.
Did you read that right?
I MADE THIS ONE!
Adam showed me how to use the tools. And he also held the wood while I was cutting and screwing the screws in. But I did all the work. I love it too. I was able to paint it the color I wanted. I already had the paint and stain, so I only had to buy the wood and it ended up costing me about $19.00 to build! Plus Adam and I were able to spend the afternoon together! Something that hasn't happened too often lately.

I am going to put several colorful pots of flowers on it. I am hoping that the Honeysuckle vine that grows behind it will provide shade for the flowers in the summer. I have had a hard time keeping pots of flowers alive due to the western exposure of our front door. The sun just bakes them and dries them out so quick.

1 comment:

Chapman Herd said...

AAHH!!! LOVE that blog! I am currently working on building an entertainment center from her site! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

And WAY TO GO on your bench!! It looks FABULOUS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...