Monday, January 25, 2010

The Tiny Pinwheels





I have three shelves that are on the side of the island in my kitchen. I love the shelves and have used them for many different things over the years I have lived in my house. I have usually used tea towels as little runners on the shelves but wanted to make some little runners out of the same Simple Abundance fabric I used on the table runner for my buffet.
I decided to try making PINWHEELS. I have never made them before and after my first batch of 8, I was thinking I wasn't going to try making them ever again. They were tiny, and took forever to make. But after thinking about it for a bit, I realized that it doesn't really matter how long it takes me to make something, as long as I am having fun and maybe learning a few tricks or short cuts, I should do it. So I made 13 more pinwheels. It really was fun, a little tedius, but fun. I should have added a bit of a border, but I ran out of room. The runner would have gotten to big to fit on the shelf. Oh well, it still looks cute to me. Now on to the next one...

3 comments:

The Simonson Family said...

Very Cute! I don't know how you do it, I think I would go crazy! Very nice job, can't wait to see them in person.

Charity said...

SOOOO CUTE! Where did you get the pattern? I love it! Do you do your own quilting?

Deanna said...

Charity!

I had a pattern for a quilt that had the tiny pinwheels. The quilt is much cuter than my runner, but it is also much bigger than my runner could be. I did "quilt" it myself. I stippled(sp?) it. It is really fun and easy. Glad you found my pics of my pinwheels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...