Monday, November 9, 2009

Wanna See??

This is what I have been up to.
I purchased this "Antique Secretaries Desk" from KSL.
It was a dark brown color. Not cute.
Had lots of bumps and bruises.
So I stripped all the glazeyish stuff off.
Sanded off as much of the dark brown stain.
Then decided to paint it black instead of white.

This is why I decided to go black. Do you see the little baby shelves there in the back. There is no way I would be able to get it sanded down enough to get white paint to look good on it.
Plus, those shelves are not even real wood. How rude?

I painted it. Then painted it again. Then sanded off all the edges.
I thought something like this would be nice to have in my office.
I can set the TV on it and use the drawers to store my "chickie flickies".
It turned out pretty darned cute.
Total Price...
Desk... 30.00 (Talked down from 50)
Stripping supplies... 10.00 (I work cheap)
Paint... 16.00
Total cost... 56.00
Now I get to make a fun little mat for the tv to sit on. Happy Day!

3 comments:

Ali Miller said...

THAT IS DARLING!! I love it... you did a great job.

Chapman Herd said...

LOVE IT!!! I Love all things black! Nice Job!

Julianne said...

I don't like it very much...it makes me want it and it also makes me feel like a slouch and not very crafty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...