Sunday, December 26, 2010

The next day...


  • The next day, I slipped on ice in my driveway and broke my ankle.
  • I had a Harry Potter foot.
  • A trip to the emergency room determined I had broken my ankle, dislocated my ankle and tore the ligament.
  • I had surgery that day.
  • The doctor put a plate and seven screws in my ankle. OUCH!
  • I stayed in the hospital over night.
  • Luckily Adam was able to cancel his work trip and work from home all month long.
  • He took over for me.
  • Ran car pools, cooked meals, ran kids to soccer, basketball, dance, and tumbling. Went grocery shopping, helped me with everything. I mean everything!
  • I went to the doctor two and a half weeks later and things look good.
  • Still have to go another four weeks with no weight on it.
  • All in all he said it will be 12 weeks of casts/walking boots and such.
  • But I got a cool little scooter thing to use instead of the darn crutches.
  • AND
  • a handicap parking tag!
  • It's the little things that make me happy! :)
  • It hasn't been hurting much.
  • Nothing a Tylonel PM can't make feel better. :)
  • It's not been fun.
  • Sitting around the entire month of December.
  • But through it all, every single need has been met.
  • Adam has taken such good care of me.
  • We had ELEVEN meals brought in from friends and family.
  • Everything that needed to be done was done by someone.
  • I have been blessed.
  • I have definitely been blessed.
  • Just counting down the days until March gets here!
  • About 64 days to go.....

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Maddie was missing Breeley so we hopped on your blog to see some pictures...and oh how we miss her! Come see us soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...